Since 2010, OraERP is a Oracle Forums, Community of Oracle Professionals including Fusion/Cloud Application Consultants, Enterprise Architects, ERP Cloud, HCM Cloud, CX Cloud and OCI Experts, ERP Experts, Oracle Apps Functional Consultants, Apps DBAs, DBAs, Cloud DBAs, Digital Architect, PaaS Experts, IaaS, OCI Architects, Technical Consultants, Fusion Middleware Experts, SQL, PL/SQL Developers and Project Managers. Welcome to OraERP.com Social Community, a friendly and active community of Oracle Technology Professionals who believe that technology can ‘make the world a better place’. By joining Oracle ERP Community you will have the ability to Post Topics, Receive our Newsletter, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is Quick and Simple. Get unlimited access to Oracle Tutorials, Articles, eBooks, Tools and Tips .
Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
ORA-01031 with R12.1.1 on OEL 5u4
10-07-2010, 07:46 PM,
ORA-01031 with R12.1.1 on OEL 5u4
I've installed OEL using Metalink note 761564.1 (I've not done any of the steps in "After Installing or Upgrading"), and then installed R12.1.1 on top of that.
I've got only one useer (other than root) called oracle that I used to perform the install.

I've got the dreaded ORA-01031 when trying to connect to SQL*Plus as sysdba using:

conn / as sysdba

In addition, select * from v$pwfile_users returns no rows.
10-10-2010, 06:25 PM,
RE: ORA-01031 with R12.1.1 on OEL 5u4
(10-07-2010, 07:46 PM)admin Wrote: I've installed OEL using Metalink note 761564.1 (I've not done any of the steps in "After Installing or Upgrading"), and then installed R12.1.1 on top of that.
I've got only one useer (other than root) called oracle that I used to perform the install.

I've got the dreaded ORA-01031 when trying to connect to SQL*Plus as sysdba using:

conn / as sysdba

In addition, select * from v$pwfile_users returns no rows.

I think conn / as sysdba will not work from sql plus.
you will have to login using terminal (linux) or command prompt in windows in the terminal of the installed machine using the same OS user which was used for oracle installation.