Oracle Forum - The Knowledge Center for Oracle Professionals - Looking Beyond the Possibilities

Full Version: ORA-01031 with R12.1.1 on OEL 5u4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've installed OEL using Metalink note 761564.1 (I've not done any of the steps in "After Installing or Upgrading"), and then installed R12.1.1 on top of that.
I've got only one useer (other than root) called oracle that I used to perform the install.

I've got the dreaded ORA-01031 when trying to connect to SQL*Plus as sysdba using:

conn / as sysdba

In addition, select * from v$pwfile_users returns no rows.
(10-07-2010, 07:46 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]I've installed OEL using Metalink note 761564.1 (I've not done any of the steps in "After Installing or Upgrading"), and then installed R12.1.1 on top of that.
I've got only one useer (other than root) called oracle that I used to perform the install.

I've got the dreaded ORA-01031 when trying to connect to SQL*Plus as sysdba using:

conn / as sysdba

In addition, select * from v$pwfile_users returns no rows.

I think conn / as sysdba will not work from sql plus.
you will have to login using terminal (linux) or command prompt in windows in the terminal of the installed machine using the same OS user which was used for oracle installation.