Oracle Forum - The Knowledge Center for Oracle Professionals - Looking Beyond the Possibilities

Full Version: Purchase requisition forward option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am working on 11 version
created requisition hierarchy, which has lets say 5 level of approval, first 4 level does not have any approval limit assigned, so document should go to the top level(who has approval limit as unlimited) and so can approve the document.
Now at some mid level, lets say 3rd user, want to forward requisition document to someone outside this assigned hierarchy to UserX.
so User3 selects UserX in forward to field and forward it, but no notification goes to UserX here.
there are two cases now, If i set UserX approval limit as less than the document price, then notification comes as "No Approver found"
if I set UserX approval limit as Unlimited, he gets notification and as soon as he approves it, status of requisition becomes Approved.

what i want is

Approval Hierarchy: User1>User2>User3>User4>User5

if user3 sends it to UserX then once approved by UserX it shud come back to User3 and then should follow the hierarchy.
You mentioned Approval Hierarchy: User1>User2>User3>User4>User5

When User3 forwarded to UserX for approval, as a standard functionality System will check the approval limit of User-X.. If it is not within the approval limit then system will mention as "no approver found" and WF won't return to User3 level, it will stuck there at UserX.. If it is within the User-X's approval limit, then system will Approve it.. Why you again want to see the normal approval path after tampereing/Forwarding to someone in between?

Your normal approval path was User1>User2>User3>User4>User5, and you tampered/forwarded to UserX after you reach approval step at User3 .. then there is a deviation in normal approval path, system will now follow User1>User2>User3>UserX approval path.. If you are looking for a Parallel approval then only AME can help..