Oracle Forum - The Knowledge Center for Oracle Professionals - Looking Beyond the Possibilities

Full Version: Planning Oracle E-Business Suite Upgrade from Release 11i to Release 12.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This attached Oracle white paper contains Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 upgrade planning tips from Oracle's support, consulting and IT organizations.

You will get specific cross-product reviews on how to understand the factors that affect your project's duration, decide project's scope and develop a good testing strategy.

The white paper is kept up to date at MOS
Doc 987516.1

Following a brief overview of the Release 12.1 upgrade value proposition from Oracle's note, this paper launches into specific upgrade planning tips to help you:
  • Understand the factors that can affect your project's duration
  • Decide your project scope, and avoid missteps that can needlessly increase your scope
  • Assemble the right project team
  • Develop a robust testing strategy
  • Upgrade your custom code
  • Minimize your upgrade downtime
  • Leverage all of the Oracle Support resources that are available to you
  • Identify the Oracle tools that can improve your upgrade and maintenance experience
  • Become familiar with the full range of Oracle's information resources
End notes:
NOTE:580299.1 - Best Practices for Adopting Oracle E-Business Suite, Release 12
Oracle Applications Upgrade Guide : Release 11i to Release 12.1.1
Note 269.1 - 'Upgrade Advisor: E-Business Suite Technology Stack Upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to 12.1.3'
Note 253.1 - 'Upgrade Advisor: E-Business Suite Technology Stack Upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to 12.1.2'
Note 250.1 - 'Oracle Support Upgrade Advisors'
Note 752619.1 - 'Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Maintenance Pack Installation Instructions'
Note 374398.1 - 'Preparing Custom Development for Next Oracle E-Business Suite Release'
Note 461705.1 - 'Oracle E-Business Suite Upgrade Center - Home'
Note 761570.1 - 'Database Preparation Guidelines for an E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Upgrade'
Note 807319.1 - 'Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 Transfer of Information (TOI) Online Training'
Note 780989.1 - 'R12: Upgrade vs. Reimplementation (Financials)'
Note 987516.1 - 'Planning Your Oracle E-Business Suite Upgrade from Release 11i to Release 12.
The Above Mentioned Note was replaced with the following:
Planning Your Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Upgrade from Release 11i to Release 12 [ID 1406960.1]