You will get specific cross-product reviews on how to understand the factors that affect your project's duration, decide project's scope and develop a good testing strategy.
The white paper is kept up to date at MOS Doc 987516.1
Following a brief overview of the Release 12.1 upgrade value proposition from Oracle's note, this paper launches into specific upgrade planning tips to help you:
- Understand the factors that can affect your project's duration
- Decide your project scope, and avoid missteps that can needlessly increase your scope
- Assemble the right project team
- Develop a robust testing strategy
- Upgrade your custom code
- Minimize your upgrade downtime
- Leverage all of the Oracle Support resources that are available to you
- Identify the Oracle tools that can improve your upgrade and maintenance experience
- Become familiar with the full range of Oracle's information resources
NOTE:580299.1 - Best Practices for Adopting Oracle E-Business Suite, Release 12
Oracle Applications Upgrade Guide : Release 11i to Release 12.1.1
Note 269.1 - 'Upgrade Advisor: E-Business Suite Technology Stack Upgrade from 220.127.116.11 to 12.1.3'
Note 253.1 - 'Upgrade Advisor: E-Business Suite Technology Stack Upgrade from 18.104.22.168 to 12.1.2'
Note 250.1 - 'Oracle Support Upgrade Advisors'
Note 752619.1 - 'Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Maintenance Pack Installation Instructions'
Note 374398.1 - 'Preparing Custom Development for Next Oracle E-Business Suite Release'
Note 461705.1 - 'Oracle E-Business Suite Upgrade Center - Home'
Note 761570.1 - 'Database Preparation Guidelines for an E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Upgrade'
Note 807319.1 - 'Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 Transfer of Information (TOI) Online Training'
Note 780989.1 - 'R12: Upgrade vs. Reimplementation (Financials)'
Note 987516.1 - 'Planning Your Oracle E-Business Suite Upgrade from Release 11i to Release 12.