The essential content of RD050 are as follows
- Assign preliminary research topics to team members and confirm that they complete all research before the first design session begins
- For each process step, document business requirements and indicate the source of those requirements.
- Assess initial fit of application functions to business requirements at the elementary business function level. Make references to application documentation ornavigation and indicate where known gaps exist
- Secure acceptance of the Business Requirements Scenarios
- Review high-level gaps, and the approach to resolve these gaps.
- Become familiar with Business Requirements Scenarios (RD.050) for the target process in need of mapping
- Conduct mapping sessions to assess detailed application fit and create or revise alternative to business requirements. Map future business requirements to application features, programs, reports, and other standard modules