Since 2010, OraERP is a Oracle Forums, Community of Oracle Professionals including Fusion/Cloud Application Consultants, Enterprise Architects, ERP Cloud, HCM Cloud, CX Cloud and OCI Experts, ERP Experts, Oracle Apps Functional Consultants, Apps DBAs, DBAs, Cloud DBAs, Digital Architect, PaaS Experts, IaaS, OCI Architects, Technical Consultants, Fusion Middleware Experts, SQL, PL/SQL Developers and Project Managers. Welcome to OraERP.com Social Community, a friendly and active community of Oracle Technology Professionals who believe that technology can ‘make the world a better place’. By joining Oracle ERP Community you will have the ability to Post Topics, Receive our Newsletter, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is Quick and Simple. Get unlimited access to Oracle Tutorials, Articles, eBooks, Tools and Tips .
Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.64 Average
I am unable to start my process manager
10-27-2014, 07:46 PM,
Photo  I am unable to start my process manager
I have just installed R12.2.0 on my Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1

In the final stage of installtion, it throws errors. I checked the services. Some are manual and some are automatic.

I changed all services to manual and removed the login user and password in some services, as observed in some blogs.

But there seems to be some order to start them.

Below is the list of services, i have manually started.

But Oracle process manager for File System 1 and 2  ( fs1 and fs2 ) are not getting started. It says the timing is not correct, when i try to start. The database is up and running. I could even stop it with the command "addbctl.cmd stop immediate"

It will be great, if you can advice me on how to make the application server up and running.

Thanks & Regards

Narayanan
Free Lance SCM Trainer - Chennai
11-01-2014, 06:24 AM,
RE: I am unable to start my process manager
Hi Narayanan,
You can refer MOS Note: Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.2) for Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) (Doc ID 1330706.1)
Just go to section "Starting Windows Services" you will get answer of this. can you check log file and let us know what exactly error you are facing.
thanks
04-03-2015, 03:45 AM,
RE: I am unable to start my process manager
Hi all,

I have finally succeeded in installing R12.2.0 on Windows 2008 R2 SP1.

I googled and found that i need the latest Visual C++. I was installing Visual C++ 2008 for R12.1.1

I then installed Visual Studio Express 2013. It got installed. The Web Logic Server needs the latest VC++. The CYGWIN, which i used for 32 bit, works fine here. Even though they say that it is a 64 bit apps R12.2.0, apps is actually 32 bit and Web Logic Server is 64 bit.

But this Visual Studio occupies 4 GB of RAM and the Dot Net Framework 4.5 occupies another GB of RAM space. My machine, which has 8 GB RAM is not sufficient. When i start my machine , it takes 30 min. for all the services to start.

Even my word and excel docs are opening slowly. However, in the navigator, i do not find any change in the speed.

I then formatted the hard disk and re-installed R12.2.0 with Visual C++ express 2010. I failed. I want Visual C++ express Edition 2013, to test. But i get only Visual Studio 2013, which is bigggg. If anybody can give me a link for VC++ 2013, that will be great.

It looks like R12.2.0 needs 16GB RAM and a server installation is preferred. Many bugs are fixed. My ASCP module runs without any patch to be applied on base apps.

If anybody can give me a link for VC++ 2013, i can lean the installation, so that the machine will pick up some speed.

Regards

Nana