12-20-2014, 10:26 PM
I thought lets share few of the ideas for new learners to guide them for making their first step to the future.
Following are common questions:
- What is Oracle Application
- Where to start
- What paths are available?
- Choosing functional career paths
- Aligning previous experience and qualifications
- Technical knowledge
- Looking for roles and applying for jobs
Where to Start: You must have basic education like graduation/masters in different fields (you will get info from other post what is the base qualification requirement for different functional roles).
Where Do I Begin: There are 2 approaches to go for this
1- On Job Training/Learning: You will get a trainee job in any consulting/IT Company who do an Oracle Applications implementation or maintain/provide support to run business operations of any company. In this case you are lucky and will get hands on training with other peers. Organization will provide you all the relevant information and your colleagues and walk you through step by step journey of becoming Oracle technology experts.
- Companies will give this opportunity based on your base education/ your final projects/work during university/college study.
What paths are available for your career?
- Functional Roles
- Database Administrator
Following roles are available for your career:
Functional Consultant/Expert in Financials, Supply Chain/Procurements (SCM), Human Resource Management (HRMS), Projects, Manufacturing.
You will decide based on your basic education and interest in which area you want to pursue your career. Almost all streams are equally important and based on the region, demands varies.
Oracle University Provides following Certifications paths for Oracle e-Business Suite.
- Oracle e-Business Suite Financials Management
- Oracle e-Business Suite Human Capital Management
- Oracle e-Business Suite Manufacturing Management
- Oracle e-Business Suite Order Fulfillment Management
- Oracle e-Business Suite Procurement Management
- Oracle e-Business Suite Project Management
- Oracle e-Business Suite Supply Chain Management
- Oracle e-Business Suite Tools and Technology
1- Take your selected training as per the role (training from institute/training provider)
2- Get ready with exam preparation tools
3- Register for your exam, Oracle has partnership with Pearson VUE for exam facilitation. Pearson VUEdelivers millions of high-stakes tests a year across the globe for clients in the licensure, certification, academic admissions, regulatory, and government testing service markets. It boasts the world’s leading test center network.