Since 2010, OraERP is a Oracle Forums, Community of Oracle Professionals including Fusion/Cloud Application Consultants, Enterprise Architects, ERP Cloud, HCM Cloud, CX Cloud and OCI Experts, ERP Experts, Oracle Apps Functional Consultants, Apps DBAs, DBAs, Cloud DBAs, Digital Architect, PaaS Experts, IaaS, OCI Architects, Technical Consultants, Fusion Middleware Experts, SQL, PL/SQL Developers and Project Managers. Welcome to OraERP.com Social Community, a friendly and active community of Oracle Technology Professionals who believe that technology can ‘make the world a better place’. By joining Oracle ERP Community you will have the ability to Post Topics, Receive our Newsletter, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is Quick and Simple. Get unlimited access to Oracle Tutorials, Articles, eBooks, Tools and Tips .
Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Crucks of Oracle End to End Implementation & Support
11-15-2014, 12:13 AM,
Crucks of Oracle End to End Implementation & Support
Hi,

I am a Project Manager delivered multiple support projects, and now I have been asked to delivery a Oracle R12 end to end implementation and support for a telecom client.

This is my first Oracle Implementation project, I would like to know the crucks of implementation project for a Project Manager.

Thanks,
Arvind S
11-15-2014, 09:25 PM,
RE: Crucks of Oracle End to End Implementation & Support
Following few of my thoughts on your question:

1. You need to decide your Statement of work/scope of your project, what modules you are going to implement. Better to get Project Charter finalized and sign-off. Even you are doing your internal project you must follow all steps of project implementation.

2. Follow Oracle OUM or AIM methodology, which will give you all understanding of project phases, what to follow. You can download sample Implementation project plan from following links:

Oracle ERP Implementation Project Schedule

Oracle ERP Implementation Project Plan

3. A good project schedule is vital for ensuring successful project, covering all aspects and phases, including time lines for each task

4. You must select skilled team as part of implementation

5. Put some extra efforts on ensuring proper Requirement gathering and getting signed-off from end users

6. Suggest you to place Steering Committee in place, including senior management as a stakeholders which will help you out to take key decisions

6.Clear Communication plan should be in place followed by weekly meetings and clear communication to your all stakeholders
11-15-2014, 09:30 PM,
Thank You Kashif Manzoor , Yes I am using AIM Methodology. Also thank you for the sample project plan.

(11-15-2014, 09:25 PM)Kashif Manzoor Wrote: Following few of my thoughts on your question:

1. You need to decide your Statement of work/scope of your project, what modules you are going to implement. Better to get Project Charter finalized and sign-off. Even you are doing your internal project you must follow all steps of project implementation.

2. Follow Oracle OUM or AIM methodology, which will give you all understanding of project phases, what to follow. You can download sample Implementation project plan from following links:

Oracle ERP Implementation Project Schedule

Oracle ERP Implementation Project Plan

3. A good project schedule is vital for ensuring successful project, covering all aspects and phases, including time lines for each task

4. You must select skilled team as part of implementation

5. Put some extra efforts on ensuring proper Requirement gathering and getting signed-off from end users

6. Suggest you to place Steering Committee in place, including senior management as a stakeholders which will help you out to take key decisions

6.Clear Communication plan should be in place followed by weekly meetings and clear communication to your all stakeholders
11-16-2014, 01:41 AM,
You are welcome and feel free to reach for any assistance and wish you good luck for your project
regards, 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E-commerce integration with Oracle EBS R12.1.3 siddesh.5454 1 3,277 02-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Kashif Manzoor
  Implementation Plan for Oracle jeando10 1 3,870 06-26-2014, 01:33 AM
Last Post: admin
  How to Achieve a Perfect ERP Implementation by Preparing the Organization lisocorp 1 5,761 06-12-2014, 02:56 AM
Last Post: buckyhouse